27 January 2016
Proposed changes to local bus services – public consultation launches
A number of changes to local bus services came into effect from late August 2015, as part of the council’s Local Transport Review. These changes were made following two wide-spread consultations, in which thousands of residents and stakeholders had their say. The changes made delivered vital savings in the face of funding pressures. However further savings are required over the next two years to ensure we can maintain as many of the services as possible that people in Surrey rely upon.
Some changes are now being proposed in year two of the three year review, and a public consultation launched this morning, giving residents and stakeholders until Monday 14 March 2016 to have their say on the proposed changes to local bus services.
How residents and other stakeholders can take part
· Completing the online survey at surreycc.gov.uk/transportreview
· Completing the paper questionnaire, available in libraries, local council offices and on buses in all affected areas of Surrey and neighbouring counties.
· Phoning 0300 200 1003 (SMS: 07527 182 861) to request a copy of the questionnaire sent straight to their door.
· By emailing email@example.com
· Or by writing to: Local Transport Review, Room 365, County Hall, Penrhyn Road, Kingston Upon Thames, KT1 2DN
We would welcome your support in helping to raise awareness of this public consultation. Attached with this communication is a poster that can be printed out to help publicise the consultation in your area. Please feel free to pass this communication onto any group or individual, who you feel may want to have their say on the proposed changes.
On 24 May 2016, the final proposals that will be drawn up following the consultation will be considered by Cabinet. Any agreed changes to bus services will be communicated to residents and stakeholders from June 2016, with the changes coming into effect from early September 2016.
For more information on the local transport review, please visit www.surreycc.gov.uk/transportreview or phone 0300 200 1003.
Travel and Transport Group Manager
The Local Transport Review:
Write to: Local Transport Review | Room 365 | County Hall | Kingston Upon Thames | KT1 2DN
Phone: 0300 200 1003
SMS Text: 07527 182 861